Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Playful Polar Bear Rainbow Stacked Presents Birthday Card with Franci

Hi there, I hope you are having a beary good time during these holidays so far! Franci here with you today with a winter birthday themed card. I think you can tell now that one of my favorite set from the last release is the Playful Polar Bears one. So I just had to pick a bear and the cute gift to create a scene! 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Playful Polar Bear Rainbow Stacked Presents Birthday Card by Franci Vignoli

This critter has to be "Beary Happy" since it's sitting on stack of presents! First of all, I repetitively stamped the little gift onto some white cardstock, and the bear onto some kraft cardstock with Versamark ink. I then embossed all of the images in white. I colored all the gifts, sponging some Distress inks and I chose rainbow colors to give them a twist and have a colorful card! 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Playful Polar Bear Rainbow Stacked Presents Birthday Card by Franci Vignoli

I created my card base, die cutting a stitched rectangle and a hill. I also die cut all the gifts and the bear with the coordinating diesThen I masked part of the bear off to be able to color his scarf and his nose with Distress inks (as I did for the gifts) and I added a rosy cheek with a Copic marker. Here's a little trick: if your white embossed images are not perfect fill all the imperfections with a white gel pen (and yes, I did just that!). 

I created my stack of presents and glued them all down with liquid glue and foam tape. I then cut a thin stripe of kraft cardstock and embossed my sentiment on it - "Beary Happy Birthday". It makes me giggle all the time every time I read it! Finally I glued my decorated panel on to my card base and added the sentiment and lots of clear sequins to complete my scene. 

Thank you so much for stopping by, have a lovely day!! 

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Playful Polar Bears Stamps
Playful Polar Bears Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Playful Polar Bears Dies
Playful Polar Bears Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

1 comment: