Monday, September 4, 2017

Cute As A Button Rainbow Stitched Card with Eloise

Hi everyone, Eloise here and today I have a card using the new Cute As A Button stamp set along with the Sew Word die and I'll also be doing some hand stitching also to give some more texture to my card.


Sunny Studio Stamps: Cute As A Button Rainbow Stitched Card by Eloise Blue

To begin my card today I went ahead and used a die from Mama Elephant to create the stitching detail and little holes in my background. This die comes together with all three designs - I didn't want to cut it apart and that's why I used all three together, but to just get the holes so you can stitch, if you don't have a die - just use a ruler and a pokey tool and just measure and poke at 1/4" and you'll get what you need. Once I ran this through my die cutting machine a few times at an angle, I could stitch it. I used seven colours of thread and back stitched through each line with a new colour. Once I stitched the background I moved onto my sentiment. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Cute As A Button Rainbow Stitched Card by Eloise Blue

Originally I wanted to stitch through the sentiment, to make it look like it was stitched, but the die was too thin to do so. So I die cut the 'Sew' word, using the Sew Word die, from black felt and adhered a piece of string behind it so then that could fit in a little better. I also white heat embossed a 'sweet' sentiment from the Baby Bear stamp set onto a strip of black cardstock to complete my sentiment. 

For the needle I used a dark and light grey ink and stamped the layers over top of each other. I love this needle and the buttons from the Cute As A Button stamp set - it's super fun and cute to have the layered look. Once I die cut the needle using the coordinating die set, I poked a hole through the top of it and used a needle to thread through the black string, to make it look like it stitched the 'sew' word. I adhered everything down to my background and then added foam tape behind the background and onto a green card base and that completed my card. 

I hope you enjoyed and got inspired to add some hand stitching onto your cards. Thanks for stopping by and I'll catch you next week! 

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Baby Bear Stamps
Baby Bear Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Cute As A Button Dies
Cute As A Button Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Cute As A Button Stamps
Cute As A Button Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Sew Word Die
Sew Word Die
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

2 comments:

  1. Hi Eloise ~ This card is fabulous!! Love the embossed background with the rainbow-themed stitching. Beautifully done. Thanks so much for sharing and I hope you had a wonderful start to your week. ~HUGS~
    #kindnessmatters

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card! I love it. The different colors of thread just makes the card pop! Is there any way you can give us the name the die you used that is from Mama Elephant???

    ReplyDelete