Saturday, August 12, 2017

Guest Designer Spotlight: Card and Video with Laura Sterckx

Hi, everybody! I'm Laura Sterckx and today I'm honored and excited to be guest designing for Sunny Studio Stamps. In this blog post and video, I'm featuring two sets from the Autumn 2017 Release including Happy Owl-o-ween and Pretty Pumpkins.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Happy Owl-o-ween and Pretty Pumpkins Cards and Video by Laura Sterckx

I created my own patterned paper by stamping one of the pumpkins from the Pretty Pumpkins set. I like to start out by stamping the solid layer first because that makes it a bit easier to line up the other layers of the design. In total, it took me about 30 minutes to stamp the patterned paper. So this is definitely a time-consuming technique, but it's so pretty, don't you think? :) 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Happy Owl-o-ween and Pretty Pumpkins Cards and Video by Laura Sterckx

When Mendi showed me the Happy Owl-o-ween set, I instantly knew I wanted to create a card with it! I dressed up the owls in a bee and pumpkin costume. Don't they just look adorable?! I had to mask off the feathers of the owl to stamp the bee costume. I simply use some washi tape for that. 

To finish off this card, I heat embossed a greeting with white embossing powder and added some shimmer and shine with sequins, a Wink of Stella glitter pen and Glossy Accents. 

That's it for now! I hope you enjoyed my card and video. Thanks to Sunny Studio Stamps for having me on the blog. Have a great day! Xo



Sunny Studio Supplies Used:
Happy Owl-o-ween Dies
Happy Owl-o-ween Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Happy Owl-o-ween Stamps
Happy Owl-o-ween Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Pretty Pumpkins Stamps
Pretty Pumpkins Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

5 comments:

  1. Super fun background!! Adorable card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laura ~ This card is absolutely darling and I love the happy little owls on that fun background. Thanks so much for sharing! ~HUGS~
    #kindnessmatters

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this pumpkin set...I need to do this! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete