Wednesday, April 19, 2017

A Bird's Life Floral Background Card with Amy

Happy Wednesday friends! Amy here sharing a card that features the new stamp set, A Bird's Life and a set from last month's release, Friends & Family. I thought these two paired very nicely together to create a flower background, setting the stage for the birdhouses.

Sunny Studio Stamps: A Bird's Life and Friends & Family Floral Background Card by Amy Yang

To create the front panel, I trimmed smooth white cardstock to 5"x 3.75". Using a Misti Tool, I placed the birdhouses and the sentiment where I wanted them to go and stamped it using black ink. To create a flower background, I stamped a variety of the bold flowers and leaves with pastel dye inks. I stamped them around the birdhouses, spacing them as evenly as I could. I did this using the stamps in the order of largest to smallest. This allows the smaller stamps to fill in the open areas.

Sunny Studio Stamps: A Bird's Life and Friends & Family Floral Background Card by Amy Yang

I wanted this card to have some dimension so I stamped the birdhouses and the cute little birds on the smooth white cardstock and colored them with Copic markers. I also stamped the bows with dye ink and die-cut all of them using the coordinating A Bird's Life dies. Then, I went back to the front panel and drew a line with a green Gelly Pen from the top of the card to the roof of the birdhouses. To finish my card, I added foam adhesives behind all the images and adhered them to the front. Isn't this card tweet? I hope you like it!

Thank you so much for stopping by today, and I hope you have an awesome day! See you next Wednesday.

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:
    

2 comments:

  1. Pretty card. Love the colorful birds and houses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This stamp set is just calling my name! Every card I see made with this set just makes me so happy! Like this one... who could look at these darling birds and all those pretty little flowers and not smile!??? I should've gotten it over the weekend with the 10% off code. :(

    ReplyDelete