Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Autumn Splendor Fall Wreath Thank You Card with Lindsey

Hi! Lindsey here today sharing a card using the fun leaf layering set Autumn Splendor. I chose to do a fun wreath design using some fall colors, so let's get started on how I created this card.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Autumn Splendor Fall Leaves Thank You Card by Lindsey Sams.

To begin, I cut a medium-sized stitched rectangle from white cardstock. This is the paper I did my stamping on. Before I began stamping, I traced the outline of an oval to give me a guide while stamping my leaves. I chose some reds, oranges, and yellows for the leaf colors. I thought those autumn colors would make a beautiful wreath. Because I knew that some of the leaves would overlap, I started with the darkest color first and worked my way to the lightest color. Then I used the little branch stamp to add a little more pizzazz to the wreath. 

I stamped my sentiment in the middle of the wreath using one of the orange inks. As a final touch, I added some highlights with a white gel pen. Once that stamped panel was finished, I simply double-mounted the white rectangle with an orange and red piece of cardstock. That does it for this card.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Autumn Splendor Fall Leaves Thank You Card by Lindsey Sams.

This card was a lot of fun to make. I had not had much experience with layering stamps, but they are not as challenging as I had thought. I hope you'll give this set a try, and I can't wait to see what you create! Have a great day.

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely card!! You make it sound and look so easy!! I'm inspired!! Thanks so much!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this card is gorgeous Lindsey! I love the wreath that you created and the colors are just perfect!
    Hugs,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete