Monday, August 1, 2016

Sock Hop Diner Style Card with Eloise

Hi everyone, Eloise here today and I'm here making a fun Diner style card using more images from the Sock Hop stamp set. I love this set, it's so super fun and as soon as I found out about this stamp set I had the idea of using the picnic blanket from the Summer Picnic set as the Diner floor.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Sock Hop Jukebox & 1950's Diner Inspired Card by Eloise Blue.

To begin my card today I started off with the floor since I knew it would be the most time consuming part. For this I used my MISTI tool but by all means you could do this with an acrylic block, I just found it a little easier using this tool. Since the picnic blanket image has some extra lines at the bottom to make it look thicker, I had to do some masking to make sure this didn't disrupt my image stamping. Since it was straight though, I just used some post it notes for this, but you could use just about anything. So I stamped down my first image in the left hand bottom corner of the card, then I would clean off my stamp and reposition it next to the part I just stamped. I would then use my post it notes to mask off the outer edges of my already stamped image and then stamp down again.  When I finished my bottom layer of stamping, I moved my stamp above and stamped again until the background was completed. I hope this is making sense. 

Once the floor was stamped, I also stamped out the little characters in the set along with the jukebox, guitar and music notes. I then coloured all these elements in with some Copic Markers. Once they were coloured, I die-cut them out.


Sunny Studio Stamps: Sock Hop Jukebox & 1950's Diner Inspired Card by Eloise Blue.

For the top portion of my tiled background I decided to make it red. So I masked off the tiles at the bottom and used a couple of red Distress Inks to ink blend the top of the panel. For the sentiment I used the 'What's Shakin'?' sentiment from the same Sock Hop stamp set and white heat embossed it onto a piece of black cardstock. Now it's time to arrange my card. I adhered down all the images using some foam adhesive for added dimension, along with the sentiment. I then popped up the entire panel on a sheet of fun foam and then adhered it down onto a card base and that finished up my card.

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you enjoyed my card today and got inspired. I had a lot of fun making this card today and I love it when stamps can be used in various different ways. Make sure you check out the blog this week to see how everyone else used this stamp set.

- Eloise

Sunny Studio Products Used:

3 comments:

  1. Fantastic card!! Would love to see a video on how to make it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll see if I can do one over the weekend for you. :)

      Delete
  2. OMG Eloise this card is so fun and just fantastic!!! I love the black and white floor and that jukebox! Your coloring is awesome and I love your little critters! Just an overall awesome card!
    Hugs,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete