Saturday, June 4, 2016

Guest Designer Spotlight: Summer Picnic Card with Stephanie Klauck


Hello everyone, it's Stephanie here with a card to share using the awesome Summer Picnic stamp set. This is a great stamp set for spring and summer and includes a lot of great images to create endless card designs.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Summer Picnic Card by Stephanie Klauck.

To create my card, I first stamped all of the images that I wanted to use onto a piece of white cardstock with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and then I coloured them in with Copic markers. I coloured the picnic blanket and the napkin to match, using aquas and greys and then I coloured the tree and all of the food items in a traditional colour scheme. Once I had all of the colouring done, I cut out the images using my scissors and set them aside to create my background panel.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Summer Picnic Card by Stephanie Klauck.

To create the background I used Cracked Pistachio, Mowed Lawn and Peacock Feathers ink and blended them all together on the right side of the cardstock panel. Once the inking was done, I spritzed water onto the panel and then covered it with a paper towel to soak up the water leaving water spots in the ink. I love the look of this and think it adds so much texture to a background.

I let the panel dry for a few minutes and then I adhered all of the images to create my picnic scene. I positioned everything to the right side of the card like I had done with the ink and then I trimmed off the parts of the images that went over the side of the panel. I finished the card by stamping the sentiment under the picnic blanket and also stamped a couple of ants in the scene. 

Thanks so much for joining me today!

2 comments:

  1. Stephanie - this is totally AMAZEBALLS!! SO cool and just a perfectly done scene!! The background is beautiful and you cut out all those pieces with precision!! Super well done - I love what you have made!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephanie congrats on your GD spot... and what a fantastic card to show!! I love your little picnic scene.... its just perfect and very inviting minus those little crawling ants! LOL
    Hugs,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete