Friday, June 24, 2016

Backyard Bugs Slider Butterfly Card with Lexa

Hi there crafty friends! I hope you are doing well. Lexa here today with a fun interactive slider card starring Backyard Bugs stamps and dies. I had so much fun creating this one.


Sunny Studio Stamps: Backyard Bugs Fluttering By To Say Hi Butterfly slider card by Lexa Levana.

I start this card with die-cut a piece of watercolor paper die-cut with a basic stitched rectangle die.  I then scribble some Tumbled Glass and Shabby Shutters Distress Ink on my acrylic block then spray some water to blend it. After the Distress Ink reacted well, I place my watercolor paper on top of it. I love how uneven and imperfect it looks. That's the beauty of watercolor, I think. :)

All the images and sentiment were stamped with Versafine Onyx Black ink and then I used Distress Markers to color the images. For extra sweetness, I stamp pink hearts on the sky and color them with a soft pink alcohol ink. I finished my card by blending some Spun Sugar Distress Ink on the edges of the card base to match my butterfly's wings color.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Backyard Bugs Fluttering By To Say Hi Butterfly slider card by Lexa Levana.

The fluttering butterfly is so adorable, even my 4 year old daughter loves to play with it.  I hope you enjoy today's card.

Before I go today we have one last peek for the week to share of a follow-up to the popular Fishtail Banner dies.  This new item will be available for sale on July 1st.  We hope you will come back all next week for more peeks, prizes and inspiration using the new sets!  :)

Sunny Studio Stamps: Fishtail Banners II Dies Sneak Peek

Thanks for stopping by! :)


6 comments:

  1. WOW - Lexa, what an adorable, sweet, cute, soft toned and just amazing slider card!! No wonder your daughter loves it - I LOVE IT!! So wonderful!!
    Mendi - I LOVE todays' Sneak - you have delighted me and excited me with ALL of them!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Taunya! That means so much! I can't wait to share what I've been busy with this month! :)

      Delete
  2. Super cute slider card!!! Can't wait to see full reveals next week!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card Lexa is so adorable and I love your coloring and techniques. This is also a great stamp set! Thanks for the great inspiration. I am excited to see the new reveals.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a beautiful card Lexa! I love the sweet scene you created and love that its a slider!
    Hugs,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete