Wednesday, February 24, 2016

May Your Day be Filled with Sunshine Card by Marion

Hello. It's Marion here with another card using the Rain or Shine stamp set. I've also used the Sunny Sentiments stamp set for the greeting as well as the Sunshine word die.

Sunny Studio: Rain or Shine May Your Day Be Filled With Sunshine Rainbow card by Marion Vagg.

I stamped and fussy cut the rainbow and the clouds (there are matching dies for the Rain or Shine set but today I felt like fussy cutting). All images were coloured with Copic markers.

To create the background, I masked off the edges of a white piece of card stock with some masking tape. I then used an ink blending tool and some Salty Ocean distress ink to create the sky. It lacked some texture, so I spritzed the panel with a mister filled with water and then dabbed up the excess water with paper towel. The water reacts with the Distress ink, to create the fun water splattered effect.

Sunny Studio: Rain or Shine May Your Day Be Filled With Sunshine Rainbow card by Marion Vagg.

I die cut the Sunshine word die about 4 times and adhered them together. The top layer was coloured with Copic markers to create the ombre effect. It's hard to tell, but the Sunshine word die is also covered in a layer of Clear Wink of Stella Glitter brush pen.

Sunny Studio products used:


Thanks for stopping by. I hope you are having a great day.

Marion

1 comment:

  1. Very cute card Marion! I love your background... and I like that you popped one of the clouds up.
    Hugs,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete