Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Santa's Helpers: Happy Howlidays Christmas Card with Audrey


Hello there! Audrey here with a card featuring the Santa's Helper's stamp set.  It was difficult trying to decide which images to use for my project today, but then as I was coloring them, I had a lightbulb moment.  At first when looking at this image I didn't see a cocker spaniel, but then I decided to color the patch of hair under their chin like a bandanna and suddenly I thought they started looking like my babies!  I'm so excited to finally have a stamp that looks like them!

I started off by watercoloring a piece of Tim Holtz watercolor paper with my Artist's Loft watercolor set from Michaels.  When it was dry, I ran it through my die-cut machine to give it a stitched edge. I wanted to bring in a bit of red to coordinate with the Santa's hats so I pulled out a piece of red and white striped patterned paper from my stash.  I popped the dogs up using foam tape after die-cutting them with their coordinating dies.  I stamped a sentiment from the set on a speech bubble die-cut and then added some diecut snowflakes which are also included in the Santa's Helpers die set.  To add a bit of sparkle around the snowflakes, I added some sparkling clear sequins, and then mounted the panel on a dark green card base using foam tape.  Finally, I added a bow with my favorite red and white bakers twine.

Santa's Helpers

That's all for me today!  I hope you like my card!  Be sure to stop back by tomorrow with more inspiration from the design team!  Happy Thanksgiving to you!!

5 comments:

  1. That's a very cute card, Audrey. Mendi, saw yesterday that Oozak is now offering Sunny Studio Stamps. I'm so glad to have another place to buy your stamps besides your store. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very cute and adorable card! That's so sweet. Your card is lovely. I love it. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Audrey! I love the watercolored background and the coloring of the dogs is fantastic! Love the cute bandanas!!
    Hugs,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the background...love to see the dog and cat cards...so very cute!

    ReplyDelete