Thursday, September 24, 2015

Harvest Happiness: Happy Thanksgiving Turkey Card

Hi there!  Today I have one last share using the Harvest Happiness stamp set.  For my card I turned to a CardMaps sketch by the wonderful Becky Fleck over at PageMaps as my jumping off point.

I created my background by inking up a piece of white cardstock with Peeled Paint distress ink and my favorite Jumbo Sponge Dauber.  When I was done, I felt it wasn't blended quite as smoothly as I would have liked so I helped it along by lightly misting it with my mini mister.  When it was dry I stamped the two little leaves from the set over the top to form a subtle tone-on-tone pattern in my background.


The orange dot paper was created as a solution to a problem, but I love the unexpected detail it added.  I had a little goober under one of the dots and I hid it by pulling out the tiny sprinkle stamp from the Birthday Smiles set and stamping a tri-dot pattern with my Spiced Marmalade distress ink.  I love happy accidents like that!


Thanks for stopping by!  I'll be back tomorrow to introduce you to the new design team.  I'm really excited by the sweet group of girls that have agreed to go on this new journey with me.  :)

1 comment: